Thursday, April 15, 2010

Be Still

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." (Psalm 46:1)

I frequently say that God is my refuge, but how often do I think about what they really mean? The concept of refuge goes beyond words and explanations. It is a feeling as deep as my soul's core, a truth as solid as the universe is broad. God is my refuge, my unshakable safe-haven, my constant companion, my boundless comforter.

I can try all day to explain the enormity and import of what this means and manage only to scratch the surface. So instead, I will take some good advice:

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Today I will not write or reason or explain. Today I will be still and know that God is with me. I hope that you will take some time to do the same.

No comments:

 
Christian Love Lessons - Free Blogger Templates - by Templates para novo blogger