Below are some nice people I've encountered recently whom I'd like to recognize.
- The two people at last Sunday's church potluck who offered me advice on pursuing publication for my book
- The lady at the gas station who saw me trying to figure out how to open the gas tank door on the car I was borrowing and came over to tell me to look for the lever at the base of the driver's seat
- The friend who lent me the car in the first place
- The people who took it upon themselves to tell me they enjoyed my singing at a recent church service
- Every single person who has smiled at me while passing me on the sidewalk this week, despite the fact that it's freezing out and we're mostly concentrating on getting to our destinations as quickly as possible
- The friends who told me I looked nice in the dress I was trying on in a boutique on Saturday
- My workout buddies who provide jokes and banter that help distract us all from the fact that our muscles are screaming
- A group of my colleagues who are raising lots of money for their polar plunge team (they get sponsored to jump in a freezing lake, and the money benefits the Special Olympics)
- The coworkers who stop by my desk to say hello and see how I'm doing on their way to a meeting with my boss
- My husband who turns the outside light on for me when he knows I'm coming home late
- The friends who voluntarily share food and beverages with me when I'm hanging out at their house
So here's to nice people. Keep it up!