Friday, November 20, 2009

Pep Talk

Sometimes I get a little discouraged in my Christian life. I may feel worried or afraid when faced with challenges or uncertain circumstances. Luckily, the Bible is full of encouraging passages that I can use to give myself a pep talk in hard times.

When I feel scared about what could happen to me, I can reflect on these passages:
  • "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)
  •  "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)
  •  "The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (2 Timothy 4:18)
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
When I worry about my own limitations and my ability to do the work God has given me to do, these verses encourage me:
  • "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." (Psalm 32:8)
  • "He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way." (Psalm 25:9)
  • "For the LORD gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones. Then you will discern righteousness and justice and equity and every good course." (Proverbs 2:6–9)
  • "Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." (Jeremiah 33:3)
  • "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." (Luke 11:9–10)
  •  "You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory." (Psalm 73:24)
There are so many verses beyond these that encourage me to stay positive and to embrace God's peace in my life, even if circumstances are tumultuous. God is taking care of me, and He's helping me on my walk through life. He's going to rescue me when I get into trouble, going so far as to give me eternal life when I die. God will give me guidance when I don't know what to do and strengthen me as I deal with difficult tasks. I'm never alone. God is with me, and He's my biggest cheerleader. So here are a few final notes to wrap up this spiritual pep talk:
  • "The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." (Psalm 126:3,6)
  • "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." (Isaiah 26:3)
  • "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:12–13)
  • "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
  • "Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." (Nehemiah 8:10)

No comments:

 
Christian Love Lessons - Free Blogger Templates - by Templates para novo blogger