Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Everything's Gonna Be Fine, Fine, Fine

I really appreciate the little things that help me feel better about my life. Not everything is going perfectly today, but I still feel OK. The sun is shining, I'm getting things done, and I have a smile in my heart. Every time I have to deal with a problem, it's easy to find something beautiful or special in my life to help me feel better. God gives me so many blessings that my joy can never be completely depleted.

As I thought about this, Alanis Morissette's song "Hand In My Pocket" came to mind. Not all of the lyrics apply to me, but the opening describes how I feel today rather well, so I'll post it here:
I'm broke but I'm happy
I'm poor but I'm kind
I'm short but I'm healthy, yeah
I'm high but I'm grounded
I'm sane but I'm overwhelmed
I'm lost but I'm hopeful, baby
What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be fine, fine, fine
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five


There are some things about me and my life that are less than ideal. But there are also plenty of things that are great. Sure, I'd like to have more money and more energy. It would be great if I could change some things about myself or if some of my problems would disappear. On the other hand, I don't need all those things in order to be happy. I have great friends and a supportive family. I'm surrounded by beauty and love, and God has given me a hopeful spirit. Things aren't perfect, but they're still good. 

What it all comes down to is that everything's gonna be fine, fine, fine—
'Cause I've got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is entwined with God's.

No comments:

 
Christian Love Lessons - Free Blogger Templates - by Templates para novo blogger